Saturday, June 13, 2009

I have a job

But don't know how long it will last. I am filling in for a woman that is out sick.
My Aunt had told me about a ice cream place that she use to work at, she said they needed a dishwasher. Well, I went Tuesday and filled out a application. The owner was not there when I went, so I left it there. Friday come and I had not heard anything from them. So Friday I called my cousin and told her. That afternoon my Aunt called and wanted to know if I wanted to go up there to eat. I said yes. So I met her and my Uncle up there, after we ate, the owners wife was at the register. My Aunt talked to her. She said they had filled the position, but they did have somebody out sick, and the woman had ask for 2 weeks off. She wasn't sure if the woman would be back. She wanted to know if I would fill in for her, I said I would. And she also told me about her friend owned a catering business, she said she would give her my name and number. And she told me she would talk to her husband about me filling in and she would give me a call over the weekend or Monday.
This morning when I got up there was a message on the answering machine. The woman's husband called about 10 and wanted me to come in. I fixed my coffee and took a few sips and called them. I told the woman I had just got up. She said that was fine and if I wanted to come in to train I could come when I could.
I got there about 1 and they worked me until 4:30. I liked the job, all I had to do was wash dishes, clean tables off and put up dishes. And I fixed up a box of to go boxes with the paper and napkins.
I did not know my back was hurting until I got off work. I do not have to go back to work until Tuesday. So maybe my back will be better by then.
Hopefully things are looking up on the job scene.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds very promising! And even better if it's something you enjoy. :)

Unknown said...

Thank You!
I do like my job. I only work 3 1/2 hours. But I am usually busy while there. I do not think I could wash dishes for a 8 hour job. I might be so tired I could not make it home.