Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Casey

Today would have been Casey's 15th birthday. If he had of been here I just can't believe he would have been that old. I am taking this birthday a lot better than last year, because he died almost a month before his 14th birthday. Also last year Easter was a day after his birthday. In all his life I never remember Easter being so close to his birthday. He loved Easter, because he loved to hunt Easter eggs. He was always so good at hunting them, he always got the most eggs, even when he was little at the day care, they said he got more eggs than the other kids. I would bet if he was still here as old as he would be I think he would still want to hunt Easter eggs. He wasn't much on trick or treating.
This one they were hunting eggs in the front yard.
I have more but they are not scanned into my computter. Holidays were really important to him. I even have pictures of his birthdays. His 13th birthday I did not make a big deal out of it, he had school that day, I just invited his friend and his friends family over and we had hot dogs. I can't find the picture of his last birthday. I'm not sure if it is here on the computer or if I have it as a picture somewhere. I wanted to post it, because his friends Mom could always make him blush. It was a good picture of him blushing. He was kind of shy, I thought. But the kids said he could always make them laugh. So maybe he was not shy around the kids. I know he always kept on making us laugh here at home. Just like when he was five, I had said I needed to wax my car. He spoke up and said "good I can clean my ears out now". I had to laugh at that and tell him it wasn't that kind of wax. It took him awhile before he could talk, but when he did start talking he did not stop. I think he was close to 4 before he started talking. Well I will post this now and go look for that picture. Happy Birthday Casey, love you much. I found the picture, after I remembered where it was, I went right to it.
It was with all the pictures that my daughters had gotten up for the furneal home. They made a cd of Casey's life and played it the night the vistors came. I think we got a couple of copies of it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. :( I have a couple close friends who have also lost children, and it's never ever easy. I will be praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Thank You MommyAmy!
No it is not easy loseing a child it hurts everywhere when you do lose one. Things just are not the same when you do.