Tuesday, March 24, 2009

O Me

Now my telephone has been cut off, and I don't think I will have the money to get it back on for a while. I have signed up with dpi for phone service. It's a lot cheaper than my phone company. But they will not have it turned on for at least 7 days. Wonder how I am suppose to get calls about a job with no phone?

I put in a application online at a place the Employment Security Commission gave me. I did that last thursday. The man at the Employment place said to give it a couple of days and then call them to see if they got the application. Well I called them yesterday and the woman that I was suppose to talk to, I did not get to talk to, it went to her voice mail. I called 2 times yesterday and she did not call me back. So I went to Mama's to call her again today, I still did not get to speak to her, it went to the voice mail. This time I left my Mom's phone number.
The Employment place gave me the name of a Vocatioal Rehabilitation place they assess you and train you for a job. The woman I talk to said they train handicap people. She wanted to know what my handicap was, I told her I have psoriasis and I use to be a hair stylist, but I can't do it anymore because of my psoriasis. It makes me itch and so does hair. And I told her I can not work around chemicals. She accepted me, I have a appointment on April 1st. I'm suppose to bring my doctors name and address, and some other things, can't remember what, but she said I will get a letter in the mail. I sure hope they can help me. I had told the man at the Employment office that I had went through there dislocated workers program about 18 years ago for cosmetology. They must not have that any more because he wanted me to call the Vocational place. He said they train you. I had told him I was going to take medical transcription at the Community Collage but it cost to much money. And I could not get help with the payment because what I wanted to take was a certificate program. O me maybe one day soon I will have a job.

No comments: