Friday, April 3, 2009

I have a question

What could be wrong with me? I don't know how to explain. But I am scared to meet new people now. I could get a job in the food service I think, like running a register. But for some reason I am scared to face a customer.

Before Casey died it did not bother me, I could do it. I was a hairstylist for about 16 years, but I have been away from that work about 5 years. I had went to the shop where I use to work to get my hair cut, one of the stylist there said they were going to need help. I had been thinking about going back to that, but I also thought I don't think I can do that anymore. I even told the woman that cut my hair, that I did not think I could do it anymore. She knew Casey had died and she told me also she did not think I could do it. Wonder why that is? Seems my life has turned upside down, and I don't feel like the same person. I want to work to help buy things for my grand daughter, and also to help pay bills. But I am scared.
I am just started a business, I am going to sell Cookie Lee Jewelry an now I am wondering can I do that, can I face people?

Here's my little chunky pumpkin.

4 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

She's beautiful! Just look at those eyes!

Unknown said...

Thank You! She keeps everyone laughing. She can make some funny faces.

Amy said...

What a sweetie. :)

I can understand why something so traumatic could change your ability to be social. Especially meeting new people who don't understand what's happened so recently in your past. I have a dear friend who recently lost her son too, and they've talked about moving closer to her family for support, but then it would mean moving to a new place, meeting new people who didn't know her son, and leaving the home where he last lived.

It's so tough. I'll be praying for you. If you're not ready to work again it's really ok. Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

Thank You!
I would hate to leave this place. Because it is close to where Casey was buried and it is the last place he lived. He loved it here. He was planing on living here when his Dad and I passed away.
It is tough meeting new people now. I don't understand why. I just feel I do not have the energy to meet new people.
But I do need to work, to help my husband with bills. He will have to be put back together sometime, so he can get that bag off his side. And I need to work to help with bills when he has his operation. And to maybe it would help take my mind off things. I hope.