Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lunch Date Tomorrow

I am having lunch with 3 women that there children had passed away to. One of the women I know, her daughter passed away about 2 months after Casey did. Her daughter was a freshman at the high school where Casey would have been going this year. I had contacted her to let her know that I knew how she felt. I guess I wanted to comfort her. Because after Casey died I felt so alone. Everyone that I knew still had there children. The other 2 women, all I know about them that they lost their children. I think the woman I know had met them off the Internet at Beyond Indigo or Blue Lagoon, something like that, it was a site for parents that had lost there children. I have been to one of those sites, and saw there were other children name Casey that had died. After seeing that other Casey's had died, I wonder if I had of named him something else would he have died. I have heard our life's are not already set out for us. Things just happen. I do not go to those sites much, I had not been in a long time, so I checked it out last week. But it was under construction. All you could do was light a candle. And have others light one to.

The woman I know, her and her husband had went to a support group after there daughter died. They went to a few, and she had invited me, but I did not go. I had went to one group at the funeral home, the man that was running it had lost his daughter when she was in her 20's. And the others there children were already adults. None were a child. And this one couple it had been 8 years since there son had died in his 40's and they were still going to the meetings. I was going to the next meeting, but when I got there the man that was running it was in the hospital. So I did not try to go anymore. I thought why go when all you were going to do was talk about your children and cry. I could do that on my own. I guess what I did helped, I talked to friends. Also my doctor would not give me anything like nerve pills, he wanted me to heal natural. He told me I needed to cry. I guess he was right. I am better now, I can talk about Casey and not cry. I can talk about the funny things. He always kept us going. Things sure were lively when he was here. Now life is boring without him.
Maybe we will start our own group to help others that have lost there children, and I mean children that have not grown up. I said when Casey died, I had gotten him this far but I could not get him to an adult. Maybe others feel that way to, or maybe I am strange. I don't know. But now I know, what ever I did I could not have helped Casey. Even if we did know about Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. There is nothing a doctor can do to help. If they had of caught the aorta dissection and fixed it, it could have popped up somewhere else.

No comments: