Saturday, April 18, 2009

My dog died

The dog I could not find a good picture of is the one that died. The last pictures I have of her is in 2007. She wasn't much for taking her picture. She would always bark when we tried to take her picture. She died in her sleep. She was in her dog house and looked like she was sleeping. I think she was broken hearted and lonely. I tried to keep her company sometimes. But I was not Casey. Casey was always in the back yard with her. And I think I noticed her howling about this time last year. She ate the day before she died. And the next day when I went to feed her she would not eat. My husband went out the next morning to check on her and he found her dead. She had been howling off and on the past year toward evening. I would go and check on her when she howled or I would open the window and talk to her, but I guess it wasn't enough. She loved children. One afternoon when I went to feed her, the little boy across the road went with me. She perked up when she saw him. He use to play with Casey, so she knew him.
She had the prettiest blue eyes. She was Austrian Shepard and Lab mix. I am just 5 feet tall and when she stood up that's how tall she was. I'll miss her.


6 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

Oh, how sad. I am so sorry...she was a pretty dog, with such a sweet expression on her face. Hugs to you, dear one. I wish I could hug you in person.

Unknown said...

Thank You! She was a pretty dog, and she did not have a mean bone in her body. Nobody was a stranger to her. The only thing she did not like was another animal coming in our yard.
Guess we have to settle for the cyber hug.(((((((Annie's Granny)))))))

A said...

((((Carolyn))))

I am so sorry to hear your dog passed away. I do recall noticing those pretty blue eyes of hers when I first saw her picture.

Animals do certainly miss their humans and grieve. And she's with Casey now.

Peace, love and condolences.

xxxooo
Annette

Unknown said...

Thank You ((((((Annette))))))
I had posted a picture of her, when we got her. I still have the picture. I had put a heart frame around her picture.
Yes I think she missed Casey more than I could handle. It's not easy trying to cheer up a dog when you yourself is not cheerful.
Little Bill seems to be doing ok, I have him in the front yard, where he can see more people. Well that's where he has always been. He use to howl to, but he seems to be doing better.

A said...

You're welcome, Carolyn...

That's a familiar story...you thinking Sparkle is still around. It takes time...alot of it...to get used to such a loss.

Lil darlin's getting to be quite a chubby cheeks at 17 pounds.:)

Hope that tick bite calms down...

xxxooo
Annette

Unknown said...

Thank You Annette!
Tick bite is ok today, but I think it woke me last night, with me scratching it.
Yes grand baby is getting a little chubby.