Monday, April 27, 2009

Lunch went well today

It was really nice, the only thing it wasn't long enough they had to get back to work. And with this swine flu scare, all 3 women work where it could affect them. 2 of the women work at a medical lab and the other 1 works at the health department. So they were all warned about it.

I think we are going to start our own support group for parents that have lost little children. Most of the groups that we know of, are like I said before parents of grown children. I know the man at the funeral home said no matter how old, they are still your children. But to me it's not the same, my child and other children did not get to grow up and experience adult life. Like me I have already lived, but Casey did not get to live. That's what my husband says to. He wonders why Casey had to die and not him.

2 comments:

A said...

I'm glad to hear your lunch went well and hope you're able to get a support group going.

It does help to share feelings and thoughts such as you've mentioned, with those who've also experienced such an extraordinarily heartbreaking loss. They really can say moreso than others... "I know exactly how you feel." Or that they've had similar thoughts.

There's a connection that helps make you stronger, being comforted by...and being able to comfort others.

That you're able to smile at the special memories of dear Casey, serves to mend the heart...little by little, over time.

Annette
xxxooo

Unknown said...

Thank You A
You have been a big help to.